Sales Managers: Watch This Video of a 737 Landing For a Sales Hiring Lesson
If the statistics are accurate, as a profession, sales managers hire 1 great salesperson for every 3 or 4 hires. Contrast this to commercial airline pilots who successfully land 50,000 to 70,000 planes a day.
Sales Managers: We “bat” anywhere from .250 to .300. Pretty bad. This “sales hiring failure” rate hurts:
- your reputation as a manager and leader
- sales as a profession
- your company
- lost revenue
- lost salary to the bad hires
- lost reputation in your markets
- poor morale in your sales department
- our clients miss a chance to take advantage of our company’s products and have to settle for our competitor’s inferior offering
- the poor shlub you hire
- is wasting his or her time
- hates their job
- doesn’t make any real money
- in truth should never have gone into sales
Here’s why pilots succeed:
Because they know their decision is a life or death situation. Pilots have developed a system with a series of benchmarks. They check those benchmarks off every single time.
Haven’t you suffered enough hiring salespeople the old fashion way?
Check out this amazing video